Tuesday 17 December 2013

Land Ahoy!


AT LAST! 29 days (or an eternity) at sea and we have finally arrived in the Caribbean on the island of Martinique. It has never felt so good to step foot on solid ground. We're still adjusting to our land legs. I think I can speak for all of the Argo crew when I say we had the best showers of our lives yesterday. It feels both surreal and immensely wonderful to be safely on land. The trip took almost a full week longer than anticipated because of bad weather, but we are here and we have enough stories to fill a lifetime. Now I’m faced with the huge and daunting task of how to possibly put into words this experience. The blog will never capture the true terror or excitement we experienced in the last month, but in the next few blog posts I’m going to give it my best try. Check back soon for tons of pictures and stories to come.  

Our first night's sleep with land in sight in 28 days. We moored here for the evening, but still had not stepped onto land!  

FInally we step onto land! (well actually a floating dock) Yahoo 

Dads beard after a month at sea 




No comments:

Post a Comment